Friday 20 October 2017

...Aunt Flo & Sir Rubella...

AUNT FLO......

....came by suprise!!

I was not expecting to see her so soon or even this month! But then again, I was happy! Could it be that with the diet changes and taking in Metformin to have my glucose level controlled could regulate my menses to it's proper channel?
I was planning to have my Provera taken on the 20th October if she decided not to come. But she came early! 17th October and boy was I happy!

So decide to call the Diagnostic Department to make an appointment for my HyFoSy Procedure. As explained by my Dr, it has to be done by the tenth day of the new cycle! So it means that I will be going for the procedure on the 26th October 2017.

How do i feel about it? Anxious, Scare and Happy all at once!
So for the HyFoSy procedure, I was told that it cost $600 +/- and I could use my insurance, cpf saving & pay cash $300. And i assume there will be more rebate or deduction in price with some cards or subsidy. The procedure could take up to 2-3 hours depends on the smoothness of the procedure as the Dr will use a ultrasound device to scan through the fallopian tubes, uterus & ovaries, the recovery period and also how the individual feel comfortable to make their moves home. I was also given an Antibiotic to be taken on the morning of the procedure to prepare my body for any possible infections etcs..

So once the date has been fixed, i was told that it's great to get the MMR injection during my menses timing as to avoid possible pregnancy and also with this shot, I need to ensure that to practice safe protected sex for the next few months. There were records of fetal abnormalities during conception during the few weeks after the semi live vaccine has been administered to the mother. Also, I do not want to go through more depression or stress moments in dealing of such events or incidents. Which i will adhere faithfully and I'm sure Mountain Bear understands how important this is to me and using these period, i can start on my folic acid and also ensure my weight is perfect for conceptions.

And I was surprised too that, if i decided not to go for this check up, I could be exposed to MMR viruses as working in a medical background, I am bound to encounter patients from all over the world, who may be affected by some viruses and was not protected with a vaccine jab. And I'm also wondering, what happen to those kids who were born by parents that has no vaccines to MMR? Was there any deformities? Not only physically but mentally as well.. Has it affect the brain, heart or even other major organs in the fetus due to any diseases? This is a "debate-table" topic, on which i wished to be excuse from..
But.... I will definitely research on that.. if it concerns me so much..

So yesterday, 20th October, I decide to drop by to the clinic to get the Vaccine done on my CD4. Why so fast? Well, I wanna conceive as soon as possible, with that say, 3 months later.. Which means January 2018 I can start the conceiving plans. Hahaha!!

Insyallah.. The best planner is Allah.. We need to try our best and make an effort on it and don't expect for miracles to happen without any effort. Hehehe..
So drop by and the process took less than 10mins! Although they found out i was only allergic to Peanuts and Prawns & not to eggs, the RN really scan through and make sure that the MMR content was safe for me. Plus point for the effort and concern!! They were really nice team! And they treat me like their fellow nurse mate! The price is less than $50.. But i manage to get it for $11+ after subsidy!
Had it injected subcutaneously on my left arm. Subhanallah!! It was super painful!! Extremely painful and aching.. I had tons of needles stick into me with meds and stuffs. But this is really something!!
She mentioned I might be down with fever in the next 5 days.. mild ones which may or may not require Paracetamol.. So sat down, requested a copy of the results which indicated that my Rubella is negative & she also mentioned that usually last for 10 years. Well, obviously its over due.. lol!! Sat there for about 15mins to ensure no reactions or side effect..

So far so good! So, decide to meet Mountain Bear for early dinner at a newly open food Court that has a wide selections of Halal Cuisines and basically nearby location to our home via few bus stops! I started having this 'crawling' feeling at the injected side..
"Eh... the vaccine or virus is moving about ke?" said to myself.. Maybe it's starting to spread throughout my system! Hahaha!! Panic for awhile.. Hahaha!! Pretty sure it's normal as the vaccine was injected into a compact surfaces.. Needs time for it to spread and be absorbed.
So continue to dine out with Mountain Bear! He had Sotong Bakar Rice Set & I ordered Rojak India.. Not bad! Definitely will try out the other selections available!

Then at night right before I head to bed, had my shower, watch some cooking shows with Mountain Bear, I started to feel cramps, pins n needles on both of my upper extremities.. No giddiness or chest tightness.. So we decide to head to bed.. I tried to sleep but my head was saying you should not yet.. I have no idea why.. Then I started thinking about what could have caused this sensations I'm having..

..Hyperventilate?.. No..
..Panic Attack?... No..
..Breathlessness?... No...
..Low Blood Pressure?... Unlikely...
...High Sugar?...*alert*
...Low Sugar?...*more alerted*

So i got up, went off to get my glucometer to check.. I assume that I had high sugar readings.. But it turns out to be 4.9mmol/L which is something I rarely encounter in results.
Could it be a quick shift in the sugar level in body which cause this cramps? So asked Mountain Bear to get some Milo Cubes and munch on ones, in the hopes that the cramps will subside.. I then imagine if i decide to ignore what my brain say and sleep the whole night, my sugar might drop down to 4.3 or lesser! Mountain Bear helped to check my blood pressure and it was alright.. not lower than 120 and not higher than 130 systolic.

Elevated my legs and continue munching on the milo cube, started to feel the cramps subsided after 30 minutes. Managed to go back to bed as I'm working the next day!
So now, as in the next day, felt much better.. The jab site is still sore but bearable. I refuse to remove the bandaid. Hahaha!!

I will continue to update my progress and add in any great infos i had based on my experiences and also some great points in fertility. Till then!


No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...