Friday 20 October 2017

Follow Up Updates...

.....It's Saturday and I'm at work!
Which is a good thing! I enjoy being here.. heehee...

So anyway! It's been a roller coaster ride for me with my hormone & more of my emotions!
And it has been a pretty upsetting and almost demotivated periods after receiving a call from the doctor..
Thou everyone around me may not detect or realised that i was having the internal emotional battle with myself upon receiving the news, I was pretty good at masking up those feelings towards most individuals. Although I was feeling extreme fragile upon certain words and actions portrayed. I'm starting to become more up front on stuffs, introvert, uncaring & less motivated at times which is clearly, NOT 'ME'.
I know.. people say, "hey, it's alright.. It's just 3 months for ensuring you won't get pregnant until the phase for the live vaccine has been given to you has subsided bla bla bla..." And that was not the main issue or concern I was facing..
Pretty much more of a reasoning with the creator.. Like wondering why it happens to me instead of looking at it postively and accept it as "Why not".. Well, maybe at that point of time I wasn't ready or expecting to received such news on my condtion.. Had me down for almost few days before making the effort to change it.

"Alhamdulilah I'm doing well on that part now and starting to recall the reason why Allah has given me this obsticles, which is what we as a creation needs to face and lead it with patience.. Maybe it was because I was pretty down with my emotions and hormones or denial state during that moment but I've snapped out out it.."

I took off from blogging for awhile as I tried to occupied my head with works, resting and medicate myself spiritually and physically.
So let's start on the following updates from the last post!

So pretty much, since then, I've started with my diet.. Less carbo and sugar intake.
I've also decide to start on Metformin 500mg 3 times a day to help stabilized and control my sugar level and helped with my PCOS insulin resistant issue.. Trust me.. My hypocount was like 12.2 - 16.4mmol/L in the past! I wasn't concern on that issue as conceiving wasn't a priority during that period in the past.
But once I've realised it could affect the chances of me, to conceive, I started taking on low dose Metformin. As advice by my Reproductive Dr, my clinic practitioner whom advice me to have Metformin as a start. I do know few of my friends who had Metformin 850mg x 3 daily, manage to have their sugar level controlled after taking it for at least 6months and has stopped taking them due to dietary alteration. Seems like a great start!!
So now, my hypocount readings were like between 5.4mmol/L - 8.7mmol/L daily since the visit to the reproductive back in September 2017. And I will be doing my OGT Test to check if I'm diabetic which is pretty common for those who had PCOS as updated by me Dr. And family history isn't going to be missed out from the list.
And yes, the side effects? Amazing Diarrhoea! LOL!! Surprisingly I don't mind going through this diarrhoea thingy.. Gave me a great feeling afterward. Felt lighter. I could endure that! Knew it would happened and I was doing great with that!

Seems that Metformin at a low dose has responded to my body well and also dietary too! My appetite has supressed greatly although i do crave at times for some specific dishes.. I will usually compensate what I ate yesterday for today if i had heavy dinner or high carb dietary. We tried to cut down on white rice, and switch to wholemeal tortilla wraps with more protein & fiber fillings like eggs, sausage, cheese, chicken or beef slices, salads & plain coleslaws. Also I love to add some spicy sauces too!! So a Burrito is what we love eating now.. Less dishes too! lol!!
We tried to include alot of raw veggies in it, which is packed with nutrients and also fiber!
Mountain bear was loving the wrap idea, easy to make, tasty, variety of fillings to add in and we almost had that weekly for dinners. Lucky to have him as a partner! Alhamdulilah!
We also started storing up mineral waters and cut down drastically on our soda drinks.. to maybe 4 250mls cans a month? Once awhile we would have those sweet drinks but flushed it with alot of water afterwards. And we try taking in fresh coconut water for electrolyte balancing. Amazing!
We had yogurts and fruits as our snacks.. Once awhile some crackers to go along.. Nuts.. Baked and Grilled Nuts are our TV munchies.. Once awhile, portioned chips as well.. :)

As for sports, I'm not really a fan. But Mountain bear loves riding his bike! And also he does some weights too as a form of exercise! Travel from mrt stations, shops to home on it if it's available.
Me? Hmm.. Not really a fan honestly but I could fast walk at work, weights maybe or stretches kind of exercise.. squats, sit up, cooking, house tidying... LOL!
But swimming is my kind of exercise! Just that I need to find the time and energy to make my way down to the public sport complex for a swim. So now, 80% of it I need to depend on my food intake as my source of chances and weight loss. Our home area was situated around a park which is clearly, a free form of walking exercise can be done to sweat it off!
So usually my diet intake will be reduce to twice a day now.. Breakfast and dinner before 1900hrs if possible. snacks can be consume after 1900hrs like nuts or yogurts while water is all around the clock for kidney cleanse and hydration!

As for while at work, I usually had my breakfast of Thosai or some sandwiches and skipped Lunch as I will be heading home soon to prepare food/wrap/burrito for dinner. I cut off caffine like Tea as much as I could and almost 89% of my intake is Chilled Mineral Water..

Alright then, I will update soon on my visit to the Reproductive Office and share with you ladies on the treatment and the results that I had!

Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...