Tuesday 28 December 2021

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

 


Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can be discharged. It was the most stressful period for me because, supposing we should discharge today, but due to a complication I had to extend another day..


 Alright, I was actively drinking and having IV infusion plugged to me.. So naturally, I need to pee, yes? But the issue is here, I do not have the urge. I wasn't sure if the reason is because, I was afraid to strain myself after giving birth or worried on the urine getting onto the wound which causes the pain or simply I had an infection going on. So I tried going to the bathroom, sat on the toilet bowl, sending message to my brain that I need to Pee.. But I could not.. I tried having water sprayed to my genitals, the urge is there but I can't pee at all.. Like it was blocked! I got so worried & alil panicky.. Told Mountain Bear that I couldn't pee. He told me it's alright, we can try again later. 

Few hours has past, I still couldn't pee.. The nurse has brought in the Bladder Scan machine to checked on my bladder urine amount. It was pretty full.. So there is no other options to relief it, a catheter was inserted.. My goodness, that feeling of relief... It was indeed a bliss! About almost 1 litre of urine drained! Imagine how stretchy my bladder was that time?? So they mentioned that they will collect some of the urine for culture & sensitivity testing. In which I knew the results will only be available after I discharge. Being a nurse myself and always symptom spotting, HAHAHAHA.... I knew I am having a serious Urine Tract Infection but they are not keen to start me on Antibiotics.. So now, after experiencing these, I wish I had carried a few sachet of CITRAVASCENT. This is a must to have!! You can get these at Pharmacy. It's an over the counter drugs. A great treatment & prevention of Urine Infection. Cranberry Juice works too but I still prefer Citravascent.

So I had the catheter overnight. It was uncomfortable especially when I tried to move about. Plus the episiotomy stitches also.. Urghhh.. shiverss...... 
So the next day, they tried taking the catheter out and ask me to try to pee in 2 hours time. So I nodded and gave a look at Mountain Bear. That "unsure if I could pee" look..

What if I was not able to pee?

Do I need to extend another day here?

Do I need a catheter on even when I'm discharged?

This got me thinking and thinking.. I drank a lot of water and hope that the initial infection is sucked into the catheter tubing and hoping my urethra is not blocked with the infection.

So while I was having my breakfast, they brought in my lil baby... Ohh boy... How I was reminded that I am a parent and a mom now.. All the pain suddenly disappeared! Lol! I can't forget that innocent sleeping look my baby had! So we even started our 1st breastfeeding session.

I have no idea if I can produce any milk! I didn't have the time to massage or squeeze my boobs to get the initial milk out. To my surprise, my breast was somehow engorged and saw it leaked. Oh wow, lil one came to help me! So I carried the lil one onto my arm, trying to adjust my posture with my swollen vulva & the ice pack pad onto my stitches, they gave me a nursing pillow and place my lil baby near to my chest..


How small you are lil one... Mummy felt worried I might hurt you... But you seems to be so strong!
As I place him nearer to my breast, his tiny mouth search for it.. I almost cried.. It felt.... touched and super bless that I am a mum.. That has milk in her breast to feed her child.. His tiny arm grip my hand and continue sucking. I will never forget this experience and this memory.. I manage to snap a photo of it and have it kept in his growing up album.

So after lil one has drank, we burped him and he was just charming! Mountain Bear then came and carried him as he slept in his arm. I started having the urge to pee.. 

Bismillah, I told myself before getting off the bed and to the bathroom. I told Mountain Bear to stand nearby the toilet door in case I needed help. He obliged. 

So I sat down, praying to GOD to help me and ease this pain and phase.. I really want to go home and I want to pee normally without any catheter home. So I had the bidet on at the lowest to 'trick' the brain.
Sat down for almost 10 minutes until I felt I wanted to pee.. I quickly grab the disposable toilet pan and I PEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLOOOOODDDDYYYYYYYYYY PEEEEE OF COURSE!!

I was so excited that I shouted to Mountain Bear! 

"HUBBY!!!! HUBBY!!!! I CAN PEE!!!! I MANAGE TO PEE!!!!!"

Mountain Bear was like WAHHHH!!!! CONGRATULATION BABY!!!!" Lol!!

I never felt so happy!! Hahahaha!! I quickly called the nurse and told her that I can pee!

She came in, look at my bloody pee and said, that's good!


I was so excited! That means I can go home this afternoon!! Which is true!! Lil baby was sent back to the nursery to get his final checks and shots (BCG, VITAMIN K Etcs) and to get his discharge documentation done, while I on the other hand, excitedly had my shower, change into my home attire and start clearing my stuffs. Same goes to Mountain Bear...

Ohh by the way, we both were really exhausted.. It really shows on my husband's face. But we did it! We got through this tough and beautiful experience together! So once the Dr in charge prepared the documentation for discharge, it was already 12.30pm. And they were super nice and explained to us lil baby's appointments and stuffs. Same goes for myself, the pharmacist came up to our room and explained to me the medications I need to continue taking like the pain killers, the supplements. They were very professional! So finally lil one came in with all wrap in his home attire that we brought, and we are ready to be discharged!
I got up and walked slowly, carrying lil one while Mountain Bear carried our bag and all my medications. I thanked all the staffs on duty for they help and assistance during our stay and apologies to them if ever I was demanding or troublesome during my stay. They said, No... no worries dear, it's our duty to assist you and glad we could help! 

So I found out that my in law are already at our place. My mum & dad in law came in early in the morning to help cook some confinement dishes for me and care for our lil baby... I am so blessed to have them.. So we got into the car and slow we head home.
So guys.. Thank you for reading my blog. I know it's overdue by years but I managed to get into my blog and update this.

I will see you on my next fertility adventure! Because I am so sure, I would like to have more lil mountain bears around me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...