Monday 7 June 2021

#2 IVF - 33 Weeks 1 Day - Diabetic Consultation with EDD Changed (6th May 2021)

 Hi Ladies,

So today I have another appointment with my OB and mountain bear is around to accompany me. My appointment is scheduled at 10.50am but we actually arrived at 8.30am. Yes, that early.. LOL!! Mountain Bear is an early bird and we thought that we can still get to be seen earlier. But that's not the case.. LOL!

So for today's visit, the Dr wanted to check on my hypocount log and everything seems to look good! So we waited until 10.45am and finally we saw the doctors arriving. I was called in at 11.20am with Mountain Bear.

As a basic routine, upon arriving to the clinic, we need to get our Height & Weight checked, Urine dipstick test & our Blood pressure checked. Everything looks good on my record. 

So back to my consultation, I was attended by Dr Ryan L. The team lead doctor who attended to me when I was admitted on the 27th April 2021. Dr Ann W. is on her way up. So Dr Ryan was pleased to see my hypocount records and mentioned to me that I need to continue checking my sugar level till at least the next visit. Also, he mentioned that due to my DM, I will need to be admitted at 38 weeks for induce. Reason for this is because, they do not want the baby to grow too big which is very common for ladies that has gestational diabetes & could cause complications if we wanted to do Normal Vaginal Delivery. The baby may be too big and can't pass through the birth canal. I was honestly worried to hear that.. I am pro natural birth and not keen on C-sect. So Dr Ryan has re-corrected my EDD to 11th June 2021 (Friday)

Me and mountain bear looked at each other surprised. It was 2 weeks earlier than expected. We were excited and nervous at the same time. So I asked Dr Ryan if I could start getting an HL or ML before delivery? He mentioned that I can start taking these leaves 4 weeks or 1 month before the delivery date. I was keen to have that as I am currently struggling to move about with my lower back pain and left leg numbness with pins & needles. 

He also mentioned that I need to stop taking my Aspirin Tablet at 36 weeks or 2 weeks before induce labor. And  I can still continue with my other supplements & metformin. So since I am still on HL till 13th May, no MC were given.

Before we leave, Dr Ryan wanted to do a quick scan to check lil one's status. So I was helped up to the couch, lay down and exposed my melon tummy. Warm gel was applied and Dr Ryan started scanning while mountain bear watch along. So he wanted to do an estimation on the baby's weight. He mentioned that it was at 2.3kg.. 

What??? It was 1.9kg on the previous scan on 28th April and it's 8 days after.. lil one gained 400gm? That's alot! But I was happy knowing that lil one is healthy! Heartbeat is strong, placenta placement was alil sketchy that Dr Ryan wanted me to go for another detailed scans in 2 weeks time to make sure it's no longer low lying. Amnio fluid is great, the blood supply to the wombs were great as well! Lil one is already in the cephalic position which is amazing! Once that's done, I got up and sat myself beside mountain bear. So Dr Ryan mentioned that the next visit, we will get a clearer answer on the outcome if Normal Delivery is possible. I really hope so too! I wanted that...

So after 15-20mins of consultation, we are done & I was told to wait outside for the documents to be prepared. We got up and sat outside, Mountain Bear was checking his calendar and was surprised on the new EDD date.. It's getting nearer and earlier. Oh goodness!! LOL!! So the clerk came out and pass us the scan form which was scheduled on the 20th May 2021 along with another consultation with Dr Ann W. She couldn't attend to me today as there were some emergency cases that she needs to attend to. Well,  Dr Ryan is great too! Very attentive and vocal which I like! And male Dr tend to me more gentler. 

We decided to go home after that. It was a quick day! Plus it's still fasting month and Mountain Bear needs his rest. He has been busy with his work schedule and with the Covid19 situation, I prefer not to hang around at any malls or shops unnecessarily. 

So yeah, not much of an update but I still wanna dock it in for memories.. :) So for today's consultation cost $86.00.

Bye!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...