Tuesday 2 November 2021

DELIVERY DAY - PART 1 (ADMISSION & INDUCE @ 38 WEEKS) 11th June 2021 - FRIDAY

 Hey ladies!

Finally!! The day has come! I am super anxious and excited at the same time! So let's get the details shared here!

Please do take note that this post was done few weeks post my delivery. So I might have forgotten some details but I will try my best to provide as accurate as possible!

0500hrs - I was awaken by Mountain Bear who nudge me gently and told to get up and let's perform the morning prayers (subuh) together. I scoot down to the side of the bed and did my ablution. It was a calm morning. I was feeling scared & worried. These feelings were playing in my mind during my prayers as I close my eyes and pray hard to Allah that may it be a smooth journey.

0730hrs - We get ready and went off to the hospital. My admission is at 10am but they request us to arrive 45mins to 1 hour earlier roughly to help ease the admission process. Plus with the traffic at this hours, we might end up in a jam. But alhamdulilah we reached the hospital at roughly 8.10am. 

0815hrs - We then head over to the shops to get something to munch on. And also some drinks as well. Roughly at 9am we proceed to the Delivery Suite.

0900hrs - Upon arrival, we hand over the thick paper we had from the Pre Admission and the staff sort out our documents. We then were told to proceed to Ward 32 Bed 3 which is the induce ward. Honestly during the weeks before, I have been doing alot of squats, walking, stretching in the hopes that my virgin cervix will open up easier and earlier. So upon reaching the ward, I needed to hand over the documents to the clinic staff and they were very welcome and warm towards me. So I was advice to have my meal on the bed and they will prepare the necessary requisites for my case.

I was told to change my attire into the hospital white gown with a pink kimono over. Undies and bra are to be removed. Once that was done, I was told to pee before they insert the pessary which is responsible for the ripening of the cervix and promote the induce process to start. No urge just yet.

1015hrs - The Senior Staff Nurse hook me up with the Toco machine to monitor lil bean's heartbeat and at the same time, set the IV Plug over my left arm. It's amazing that after I became pregnant, my veins are popping out so much that it is visible even without a tourniquet. LOL! Passed with flying colors on the first attempt to get my veins. LOL! So now, she wants me to clear my bladder.

I did all that, pee and poop, clear myself well and went to lie down. There weren't anyone else in the ward except me & mountain when we arrived. But roughly 1 hour later, 2 couples came in and occupied 2 other beds. Bed 2 & Bed 4. So the Senior Staff Nurse came to my bedside & ask a few question if I have any Dr's in mind or who is my Dr in charge. I told them that all along, I was under subsidy care & only for this delivery, we upgraded to Private Class. She then nodded and explain that we will get the Dr in charge for today to be my Primary Dr, which is Dr Ho P L. She is super gentle. So she came over and explained that she will be my Dr who will assist in the delivery when the time comes. :)

So now is the time... Before they insert the pessary, the SSN need to do a cervix check. She mentioned that if the cervix is more than 3cm, we would not need to have it inserted. So she had her fingers down there and did the measurements, it was 2cm upon admission. So that means I needed alil help in the ripening! :) I didn't expected my virgin cervix to open up to 2cm. I though it was 0cm shut. I was happy! Same goes to Mountain Bear!

Here is the real deal! They inserted this "thing" into my vaginal and have it pushed up higher nearing to the cervix opening. The "thing" is called CERVIDIL. Click here to know more!

I can't recall if this is the exact drug used but the photo shows the same model. This pessary will last for 12-24 hours and only a maximum of 2 pessary to be inserted at per labour. If both times failed, C section is required to avoid distress to the baby & the mother.

1030hrs - We then were told that our A1 room is ready! I was then told to finish my meal first before we head up! 

1100hrs - I told them I was ready to head up! And a porter came with the wheelchair. The nurse asked if I wanted to have them push me or walk? So I told them I decide to walk instead.. With Mountain Bear beside me, we head up to level 8 Ward 81 Bed 3. It was a nice room! Even if I might get pregnant again, I will still proceed with A1 class. Why?

No.1 - Spouse can sleep together with you in the room

No. 2 - Privacy - No visitors allowed (Especially during Covid-19 now)

No. 3 - When baby cries, you are not interrupting your neighbour with your baby & vice versa

No.4 - I am able to squat, stretch, bend without having anyone see my naked butt airing when I did these. LOL! Also for those wearing Hijab like me, you can let your hair free as there is only you & your spouse in the room.

So the staffs did an orientation for me and explains all the things that we need to know. And I will be constantly monitored every 1 hour and a TOCO machine will be hooked on me every 2-4 hours. Now is basically the waiting game. 

1600hrs - I started to feel the contractions getting stronger and frequently.. But the pain was bearable and I could take it.. I continue doing squats, had my legs at butterfly position and walk around the ward with Mountain Bear beside me. I manage to get some sleeps. Lil Bean was quite active. I was happy to feel lil bean still moving about. 

Nothing much going on from 4pm to 9pm.. apart from the frequent contractions and it's pain is bearable. Even when the contraction level goes up to 70 - 90 I was able to still bear it.. 

2300hrs - I had the sudden urge to pee or poop.. So I told Mountain Bear I needed to head to the toilet. He assisted me & waited outside of the toilet. When I bring down my disposable panties, I was shocked to see alot of blood.. My heart sank.. I was super worried that I had a miscarriage at 38 Weeks!! I called Mountain Bear and spoke to him in a gentle and calm manner not to worry him, "Hubby, call the nurse for me please, there's alot of blood" when he opens the door and saw the blood on my panties and it drips along my legs, He had the same face when I had during our miscarriage back in Nov 2019. "Allahu akbar" he mumbles.. So I also saw a clot that came out and dropped into the toilet bowl. I took a photo of it and head out. When the nurse arrives, she mentioned that it's normal and mentioned that my mucus plug has dropped. But why the bleeding? Hmm.. I have yet to get the answer. So they asked me if I wanted to proceed to the delivery suite? Only there, the nurses are able to perform cervix opening checks. I told them I can still bear the pain and will only call once the pain gets more intense. 

We did just that!

0230hrs on 12th June 2021, the pain became unbearable.. I woke mountain bear up and informed the nurses that I am ready to head to the Delivery Suite now. 

Alright ladies, I will continue this on the next post. It gets more tough as the hours goes by.. 

Please do pray for the safety of our long awaited child.. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...