Friday 18 August 2017

Let's Begin! Part I

Alrightyyy!

So i decide to share with you, ladies our current stats.. Our medical condition prior to treatment in fertility! Hehehe..!

To give you the insight on what happened and what am I doing to get it treated bla bla bla...

LET'S BEGIN!!!

1. PCOS Diagnosed....
During an abdomen CT Scan back in 2012.. I was complaining of abdominal pain. Was intially diagnosed with Gut Dysfunction but CT Scan showed more.. Had a ob/gyn appointment started from there onwards.

2. My PERIODS are....
Pretty Irregular actually.. I could still recalled the first menses I had. 16th March 2001 when i was 12? Pretty much I thought i was already a women then.. LOL! Then it started to come in between the range of 2- 8 months gap! I honestly wasn't bothered by it.. Thinking it was great to have lesser menses period compared to others.. lesser pads to buy and lesser blood loss.. LOL!! But now, it's no fun.. I felt such a blessing seeing blood coming out down there!! It's like FINALLY GUURRRL... YOU CAME OUT!

3. Any Medications given....
I was given Folic Acids - 6 months supply. Honestly, being a nurse myself, i couldn't find myself taking it daily. So much for advising & emphasizing my patients "Oh Sir, you must take your meds daily, so that the medication can regulate your blood levels better.. bla bla bla.." and yet, ME? Basically just "Bochap" [can't be bothered] you know? "Cannot macam ini kawan, must take daily tau!" say my inner self which rarely communicate with me as a form of motivation.

But now, after thinking of how badly I wanna have kids with my Mountain Bear, I'm taking it like breathing in oxygen like that.. LOL!! Once a day as prescribed.
Also I was given Medroxyprogesterone (Provera) to induced my menses if she went missing for more than 120 days or 3 months. I recalled taking 1 cycle for it. She came, looking pretty bloody down there..urgh..cramps...the hormone dramas...PMS... I still have stocks of them in my purse [the pills, duh].. Just in case she decide to go missing again..
4. Supplements Tried...
Why yes I have! Primrose Evening Oil, which i took diligently until it went out of stocks.. Never continued... but recently bought another one...for display... LOL!
Myo-inositol by Fairhaven Health...4 tablets daily! So much to swallow! I heard good news from people whose taking it.. Especially made for those with PCOS.. [as claimed] I must say I feel good taking it.. But when it was finished and the shipping was delay for me to continue, I pretty much lost the motivation to carry on taking it.. sighs.. I do still have another bottle left after the ship decide to still come around later on next month.. LOL! Will continue taking them, I think..
Metformin 500mg....Now... I know this is not a supplement and I wasn't legally prescribed by my gynae to take this, but I've expressed this to my medical doctor whom I worked with, which surprisingly mentioned that patients with PCOS overseas are given Metformin 500mg x 3 daily to help with their insulin resistance. And successful rate of them conceiving are pretty good after taking 1-3 months of it because they ovulated when taking them!.. And yes, I took them too.. And boy the side effects are pretty messy in the bathrooms.. Diarrhea especially! Not only helping to regulate our sugar level due to our clear cut insulin resistance, helps some to lose weight. But dieting is the most important part!
Vitamin B Complex & Vitamin E...these are great! Especially if YOU [us too!] who rarely eat healthy meals.. Recommend for those who are trying to conceived as it's packed with anti-oxidant elements.. I'm taking the Women's Multi-vitamins which consist of these too!
5. Body Stats...
Well I'm standing at 5 2" (160cm) weigh 182 lbs (83kg) initially.. but now I'm 169 lbs (77kg) and still trying to cut down my love for junk food and delicious Singaporean oily meals.. LOL!! You just can't help it! We Asians are madly in love with food! Turn left food stall, turn right food stall.. Go toilet look at the wall, someone slots Canadian Pizza brochures at the tissue roll.. How liddat?
As for Mountain Bear.. His already perfect to me.. LOL!! But he still wanna work out and leading a healthier life.. Shed few more pounds I suppose. Standing at 5 6" 240 lbs [i'm so a midget] He looks amazing to me! Really love cuddling his arm and that warmth... Mountain Bear criteria! LOL!
Well, I need to remember, weight and diet plays a huge part in conceiving and also the growth of our child..
#babypotato
So I need to allow Mountain Bear to shed few pound for our future children & also, I wanna have him around longer! We shed.....shed.....shed.... all the weights! Then we eat again! LOL!!

6. Medical Conditions.....
So far, there is no known chronic dieases that we had or was diagnosed with, although our families do have such medical history.. e.g Hypertension, Diabetes, Cardiac Issues, Strokes bla bla.. But we realised that both of us do have a slightly elevated Cholesterol level [For the love of FOOD!!!] few years back during our check-ups & FATTY LIVER! [foie gras anyone?]. But no medications (Statins family) were prescribed. I assume that the Dr knew we were still young and diet modification is the best way. We are trying to! And seems we are doing better!  

Mountain Bear had bad pneumonia early this year [mistaken for TB; as the bacteria was located at the upper lobe] and recovered after aggressive abx treatment & ACJ Operations done with metal implanted. Pretty much alot of painkillers were administered during and post surgery back then.. Morphines, Tramadol, Arcoxia etcs.. That was like 2 years ago.. Suppose the liver & kidneys has clear them all out!
Also, I applauded & was so proud that he gave up smoking!! The best gift ever to me! [i wish i could give him the best gift too soon..a child...sigh..*postive thinking*] Pretty much after few months of cigarette free, he rarely has any coughing, phlegms, chest pain & he totally looked way younger and smell better! [cigarette scent stains on self]

Myself, hmmm.... apart from Irregular menses, I had an episode of Pneumonia back in 2010 during my school days. Recovered well with no issues! Ohh! And achilles tendinitis back in my A&E day.. With partial tear of calf muscle. Sprint here and there! LOL! And i'm allergic to the Penicillin family.. Basically that's all! 

Our Blood Type...
I'm an universal donor O+
Mountain Bear is the amazing B+

Part 2 will be posted soon!
Tomorrow is the Weekend!
Not working! WeeeEEEE~~~~!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...