Friday 9 April 2021

#2 IVF 29 Weeks & Visit To The Diabetic Dept (7th April 2021)

 Hey ladies!!

How time flies!!

So few days ago I went in for a consultation with the Diabetic Doctor and to get my prescription top up!

So my appointment was arranged for 11am and I head in to get myself registered. Went into Room 4 to have my blood pressure taken, height & weight & a urine dipstick test. All is great and my weight maintained at 78kg for the past few months. I was wondering if lil bean is indeed growing or not.. I was curious and worried.

Took roughly 1 hour later for my turn to be called as there were some emergency cases the team needs to attend to.

So when I was called it, I was attended by Dr Ann Wright & her colleague. A very pleasant doctor! So I hand in my Hypocount Charts and my blood works.

On my previous visit, I was told to have my FULL BLOOD COUNT to be taken. Since I needed to repeat another HBA1C reading in my clinic, I decide to have the blood taken at my workplace which means, it's free! LOL!

So from the result, it shows that 

My Red Blood Cell is alright 3.8 (Range 3.9 - 5.6)

My White Blood Cell is slightly elevated 12.3 (Range 4.0 - 11.0)

Eosinophils is slightly elevated due to allergies 0.47 (Range 0.04 - 0.40)

HBAIC is fantastic! 5.3 mmol/L (Range 4.5 - 6.4 mmol/L)

eGFR is normal as well! >60mL/min

So the Dr were happy with my readings and my Hypocount Chart! They wanted me to maintain in taking in 250mg Metformin twice daily. But in my honesty, I rarely take them as my sugar readings were constantly low even without taking Metformin. 

So Dr Ann asked me to hop on to the couch to have a quick scan done to see lil bean! I was excited!

So I was assisted up to the couch. Believe me, at 7 months pregnant, every moment has it's aches.. LOL!

So I lay down slowly, exposed my watermelon belly to her and off she goes! Applying some warm gel and start looking around. So her colleague was at the computer and taking notes from Dr Ann's observations.

The first word I heard from Dr Ann was "Cephalic". So what is Cephalic?

It's the term used to determine the position of the fetus in the womb! As your due date is crawling in, fetus will start having it's head down to the cervix/exit while the legs are facing your lungs or upward!

I was happy to hear that! At 29 Weeks, I was hoping lil bean is as excited as I am! Also she mentioned that the amniotic fluid is adequate which is great! Too much can cause the fetus to move about more freely in the 3rd Trimester which can cause breech or proper position for normal delivery. While having too little amniotic fluid can disrupt the fetus movement to have their head move downwards in the 3rd Trimester.

And she mentioned that my Placenta placement is good, not low lying like the previous Dr in the other clinic mentioned. Maybe as our womb grows and extend, our placenta moves along as well, going upwards and away from the cervix. And she shows lil bean's flickering heart, the hands, face and body.. 

Subhanallah.. Looking great! And lastly, she began to check the baby's head circumference to determine the weight.

Lil bean is 1.3kg at 29 Weeks! Alhamdulilah! She mentioned it's on scheduled and right on target weight! I was super happy when I heard that! 

So that's all for today session, I hop off the couch with the help for the clinic assistant, clean my belly and sat down. I also mentioned to them that my medication supplies are finishing soon. So they prescribed for me another 2 month's worth and scheduled another scan and diabetic visit in 4 weeks time. Which will be on the 6th May 2021. Once all is done, I left the clinic and head over to the pharmacy to collect my medication. I was super hungry at this point that I had to grab some munchies to munch!

So head over to grab some rice with dishes to bring to work, and ate some Tuna Bun with Vitamin Drink. Roughly 20mins later my number was called to the counter. So at the same time, I grab some disposable maternity panties and head to the payment counter. Total sum for the 2 month's medication of Aspirin & Obimin Multivitamin and the panties are $18.60.

And today's consult + quick scan was $86.00.

Done with today's visit, I head off to work which is like 10mins away from the hospital. Definitely update you ladies with another post on my maternity bag packing itinerary and the baby haul!

Take care!



No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...