Friday 9 April 2021

#2 IVF - MATERNITY BAG - What Should I Bring?

 Hey ladies!

Hope you are doing well over there! 

Praying all goes well to those who are going through FET & new cycle of Fresh IVF & IUI! You can do it!!!

So today I wanna share some stuffs that I am struggling to do.....

Maternity Bag!

Yes... I just wanna limit myself to bring what is needed and not overpacking!

So I decided to break it down by packing into days & room usage.

Let's start!
Item To Pack With
(Dad will carry it.. LOL! So I leave it to him to choose)
1 x Bagpack
1 x Hand Carried Disposable Bag (optional - can be folded and place in bagpack)
1 x Large Zip Lock/ Pastic (For Dirty Clothings)


Admission Day
(These will be place in 1 small folder)
- Payment (Cash/Credit)
- Pink Booklet (Maternity Booklet)
- Marriage Certificate (Original)
- Financial Counselling (if you went between 36 - 39 weeks to choose the ward room)
Labour Room (Mom)
(Packed in zip lock for easy grabbing)
- 3 x Disposable Panties
- 3 x Maternity Pads
- Portable Bidet/Empty Bottle with holes on caps (For washing on bed when peeing or pooping - if unable to walk)
- 1 Pair Compression Socks
- 1 x Wet Wipes (Facial Wipes)
- 2 x Packet Drink (100 Plus / H20)
- Candies/Snacks/Bread

Labour Room (Dad)
- Portable Charger/ USB Cable
- Bottle Drinks/Snack
- Headphones
- Camera (if allowed)
- Jacket/Warmer
- Moral Support for Mom when delivering (Important)
Ward Stay (Mom) - A1 Single Bedded
(Minimal 2 days for Normal Delivery - Ziplock Bags)
- 8 x Disposable Panties
- 8 x Maternity Pads
- Maternity Panties
- 1 roll x Disposable Etiquette Bags (To dispose soiled maternity pads)
- 1 Loose Dress (Can be the one used during admission for discharge day)
- 2 x Lightweight Pants
- 1 x Jacket/Warmer
- 1 x Thick Socks
- Toiletries (Shampoo/Soap/Tooth Brush-Paste/Comb/Deodorant/Moisturizing Cream/Perfume)
- Breast Pumps/Milk Bag
- Non Alcohol Wipes (Facial/Breast Cleaning)
- Disposable Shoe

Ward Stay (Dad)
(Dad is allowed to stay overnight in the A1 Single Bedded Suite)
- 1 x Clothes/Pants
- 1 x Socks
- Toiletries (Can share with Mom Supply)
- Disposable Shoe
- Snacks/Drinks (Mini Fridge Provided)
- Wall Charger (To charge Handphone, Portable Charger
Ward Stay (Baby)
- 6 x Newborn Diapers
- 1 x Baby Bottle
- Portion Baby Milk Powder
- 2 x Baby Attire
- 2 x Baby Mittens/Booties
- 1 x Baby Cap
- 1 x Swaddle
- 1 x Baby Lotion/ointment
- 3 x Baby Disposable Bib
- 2 x Disposable Face Towel
- 1 x Baby Wipes
- 2x Sterile Cotton Wool
For now, that's all I could think of. I am not sure if the hospital will be giving any free goodies to new moms and baby. But also, standby another bag (optional) for those too.
And these highlighted in BLUE are disposable items which will be discarded before leaving the hospital and back home. Lighter bag I assume and hope! LOL!

Do let me know if you feel that I have missed out anything crucial to bring along.. In the next post, I will try to share the haul for the lil ones and also post natal massage services that I have engaged!
Till then ladies! Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...