Friday 9 February 2018

..Admitted To The Ward With A Surprise 2 UPT lines?..

Or Evap lines??
Hi ladies,

So yes... what a year to start with!...

I've been surprisingly; down with a lot of sickness! Which is something I don't usually encounter. But this year? Masyallah... Dugaan babe..

I was admitted twice in the same month and it's not something I would let it go easily.. after the worst ever GE symptoms (??) I've gone through and loss 7kg in 3 days.. 

I was so blessed that my mountain bear was around when the incident happened.

So it was late night after I came back from work, I felt nausea & started with watery stool...

At from 11pm onwards till 3am I've been vomiting and diarrhea non stop to a point that I could no longer walk to my bed. Severely dehydrated with dizziness and heavy breathing.
I tried waking up mountain bear, but I didn't have the energy.. So i use my wedding ring on my finger; tapping against my wooden bed frame to create a sound to catch  his attention.

True enough it did and boy was mountain bear panicking seeing me. I swear I couldn't take it anymore. So he called the ambulance and off we went to the first hospital.
Upon arrival, the doctor was so sure that my symptoms could be an early impression of  pregnancy.. *Which I was not convinced at all*..

So they hook up with the drip and 2 bags of fluid. I was still vomiting even when I was on the drip. Manage to rest and was discharged after 2 hours!

I'm like, what?! I'm still having the symptoms and the Dr claims that the condition would improved as I rest.
So while Mountain Bear did the payment, I was vomiting away at the cab bay.. I never felt this bad... I don't have the control over my gagging reflex this time.

So got into the cab, and rest while waiting to reach home. Once home, Mountain Bear tried making for me some warm cup of tea, (vomited) cup of Milo (vomited) cup of Isotonic Drink (Vomited) Bread & Biscuits (Vomited) Fruits...(Vomited)....
Soooooo weak, I could barely speak and concentrate well.. I felt as if I'm about to die... When I looked into the mirror, i couldn't recognized that it's me..

So Mountan Bear was trying, "Let's go to bed, and see if it will be better?" So we did, and after a torturing 3 hours, Mountain Bear says, "Let's go to A&E at your previous workplace"..
Off we went and yes, I was admitted for severe dehydration. And the Dr wanted to do an xray for me (I have no idea for whatever reason but yeah, sure..why not?) so they need me to obtain a urine sample which I can't provide for them right now..

So after 2 hours later I manage to pee, and the UPT was done. They didn't mentioned to me what was the outcome but suddenly I don't need to do the Xray.. (huh??) yeah...

So we waited for our bed, and I was running a fever of 39.0 degree celcius.. Took oral Paracetamol  and I was still vomiting away..

Suddenly my old friend came by and she mentioned to me I'm pregnant....
I was like WHAT????!!!!!

She was like, "Yeah, your UPT test has 2 lines.."

She walked in and took the test and showed to me & mountain bear...

WE SAW 2 FREAKING LINES ON IT!!!
I had my jaw hanging down low and was not processing the details obtained.

I requested her to do another test with the same urine sample that I had given which she gladly did it..

I couldn't believe what I and mountain bear just saw!! Is it really mine? Or maybe it's just evap I told myself.. Trying not to feel super excited over it.. Afraid it would end up being just evap lines due to long exposure.

True enough... My friend came back with the 2nd results. It was negative. And she apologies on the possible "sudden excitement and happiness expression" that I might have had. 

I was relief somehow.. Knowing that with my current condition right now, might cause some harm to the child as I needed some antibiotics for my infection and hyperpyrexia... Which I heard from others, you should try to avoid such symptoms or even from taking antibiotics during conception periods as it affects the development of the child.
Even mountain bear was relieve to know that.. He is pretty concern on my health if I were to be carrying a mini bear in me.. And I understand why, we wanted the best for our child and ensure that I was really healthy to carry him/her in me.

Indeed, he saw me at my worst... I was really really really sick... I cried, worrying if anything were to happen to me, how is Mountain Bear going to manage? And vice versa if anything happens to him too.. Sighss...

So about 12 hours later I was admitted to the short stay ward where I was monitored..
I was still having hyperpyrexia (high fever) and still vomiting and watery stool still for the next 6 hours.. 
Was heavy on the IV fluids that I really depend on it for hydration as oral intake isn't doing justice this time round. I was so worried... So I slept for the next few hours before the Doctor's round was made...

I recalled too, that I had taken my first dose of Medroxyprogesterone to induce my menses for the next 5 day. But with my condition like this, I skipped the next 4 doses.. I couldn't think about anything.. I wasn't feeling myself these while.. I just felt soo hazy and "who am I, what's my purpose to live" kind of feeling now.. *I'm sure it's the dehydration effects*
Urgh... tummy cramps.. nausea & my sense of smell has increased dramatically and it was not a great one! I felt nauseous seeing food, even Mountain Bear doesn't smell like usual..

I was suddenly convince, could i REALLY be pregnant???

I tried to imagine all my favourite food and end up vomiting... Oh dear.... No.... No..... This is not ME....

But the only thing that kept me feeling better was boxes of cut fruits that I requested Mountain Bear to buy.. And the bananas... oh my goooodddd.... It tasted super delicious like I felt so better eating it... So gradually I was getting better...
My diarrhoea and vomiting has decreased alot and I was able to take clear and soft diet orally with minimal issues..

So I decide I could be better to be discharged. And sure did, at 6pm that evening I was discharged. Got my meds and was on 1 week of hospitalisation leaves..
Soon as we reach home, all i wanted to do was rest and sleep.. I don't have the urge to eat anything, even the porridges and meals that Mountain Bear has bought, I wasn't digging it..

And when I checked my weight.. I loss 7KG people!!!! In a freaking 2 days of dehydration! So i kept myself hydrate with Isotonic drinks slowly...

Here, I really wanna thank and appreciate the effort and kind gestures that Mountain Bear has showered me with the past few days.. He really took care of the house, he washed the clothes, clean the kitchen and dishes, ensure that I had my medications and meals, stock up the isotonic drinks, massage my backs and head... I LOVE YOU my husband.. I really do...
Alright there guys, that's all for now.. I really need my rest for now..
Please pray for my quick recovery as I really wish to be healthy.. Take care!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...