Wednesday 1 May 2019

CYCLE #1 - SO-IUI PROCEDURE - PART 1/3

Hi Ladies!!
My extreme apologies on the sudden absence since 5 months ago..

I have been very very very busy with my working schedules and life..

LOL!! And yes, I am still on follow up for my fertility journey!
 So where should I start??

Maybe I should just go into it!

I AM CURRENTLY ON MY SO-IUI PROCEDURE JOURNEY!!

AND I WILL HAVE THE INSEMINATION DONE THIS COMING WEEKEND!!

I am EXTREMELY excited for this!!

So let's get a quick recap on what was done..


So in February 2019, me & mountain bear decided that we will proceed with SO-IUI first and the whole process will be paid by Medisave along with the Government Assist Scheme for married couples on Fertility treatments.

So I only have to pay for the registration fee of $132.70 +/-.

That's all!

12th April 2019 - I started to have my menses flow.. More of a brownish stains but started full blown after 12 noon. And I was told to call the department to have my injection and scans scheduled the next day.

13th April 2019 - Drop by to the department, Mountain Bear went to collect the medication at the pharmacy while I was at the teaching/counselling room with a staff nurse. She taught me the method on how to use the PUREGON PEN injection which I will need to administer the medications on my own, daily. So they started me on a 50U for the next 4 days and it will start tomorrow.

14th April 2019 - The injection day is today! Oh my goodness... I was super nervous.. I have no idea what kind of pain to expect with this.. So I sat down on the bed with Mountain Bear looking at me as he squat in front of my and squeezing my thighs to provide some diversion of not focusing on the injection pain.. LOL!!

Bismillah.... 1....2....**POKE**.... Ouchh!!!  Ok ok!! I'm in!! Next thing is to press in the knob to allow the medication to be administered... Feeling of cold sensation enters and surrounds my belly area... I could not imagine.. For those people who are skinny like Ikan Bilis, I wonder how are they going to poke it?

I was blessed with extreme thick fats around my belly... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!
It was not that bad.. 50U was bearable.. So had it done daily till the scan day..

18th April 2019 - Ultrasound today at 9.30am, so far the past 4 days, there aren't any pain or any discomfort.. I felt alright.. the usuals.. So today scan here are the findings:

CD6 Scans
Rt Ovary - 1 x 7.5mm, 1 x 6.0mm, 2 x 5mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 5mm and small follicles
Womb Lining - 6.0mm

So they increase my dose to 75U.... ouch!

22nd April 2019 - CD10 today and it's my next scan! So the results are...

CD10 Scans
Rt Ovary - 1 x 10mm, 1 x 10.5mm, 1 x 7.5mm, 1 x 6mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 7.0mm & small follicles
Womb Lining - 7.0mm

Oh my goodness they are growing!! Although it was still small technically, but I am just happy that they are responding to the PUREGON.. So I was told to continue the same dose of 75U till the next scan in 2 days time!

24th April 2019 - Let's get into it.. I started seeing bruises on my tummy due to the injections and I was feeling "tight" around the waist area.. Bloated? I guess so! But these were the common side effects. I was feeling nausea and starting feeling cramping.. So today's scan goes like this..

CD12 Scans
Rt Ovary - 1 x 10mm, 1 x 10.5mm, 1 x 7.5mm, 1 x 6.5mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 7.5mm & small follicles
Womb Lining - 7.4mm

So sat down with Dr. Veronique and she told me that there isn't any progression on my scan.. My heart literally felt like it sank down into my belly.. I was starting to feel upset.. So she mentioned that she will increased the dose to 100U for the next 2 days before I'm coming over for the scans on CD14.. I nodded and I told Mountain Bear the news.. He told me, "there is still a lot of time more... Have faith"
 Ovulation negative :(

26th April 2019 - Well, here we are.. I couldn't really sleep well last night. I was honestly feeling scare, sad, angry all at once.. I was upset, thinking it was a waste of time and pain going through it if there is not progression.. I really prayed hard to Allah please let this cycle be the one.. And Friday is a blessed day for Muslims.. I was really lowering my expectation on this and didn't want to get excited. So we proceed with the scans...

CD14 Scans
Rt Ovary - 1 x 11.5, 1 x 11mm, 1 x 8.0mm, 1 x 7mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 12mm, 1 x 9mm & small follicles
Womb Lining - 7.6mm

My heart suddenly felt different.. I told myself, there is hope.. I was curious what the Dr will tell me about it.. And there wasn't any queue yet they called my queue number only after 20minutes.. Saw my number display, "Bismillah" and I enter the room. Was greeted by a male Dr and he explained to me..
"So your follicles are doing great, they are growing still and we are in CD14 which means ovulation day will occur soon, we will arrange the IUI procedure on either Saturday (tomorrow) or on Monday. We will need you to do an ovulation test kit and to see, if it's positive tomorrow, we need you to come to the department at 7.30am with the sample. But if it's not positive yet, continue checking on Sunday and we will do it on Monday. We need Mr Husband as well"

ALHAMDULILAH!!! ALHAMDULILAH!!
A lil step ahead but it felt good!

So collected the specimen bottles and ovulation kit x 5 pcs, I head to work..

So when I was at work, around 4.55pm I decide to check my urine ovulation test.
IT HAS THAT SMILING BLINKING FACE!!!

Meaning, my ovulation is few days away!!!




29th April 2019 - So today went for my scan and consultation, sadly my ovulation isn't positive yet so they wanted to delay my ovulation from occurring. So Dr request to have my scan & blood test done.. Here are the scan results



CD17 Scans

Rt Ovary - 1 x 12.5mm, 1 x 12mm, 1 x 8.0mm, 1 x 7mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 12mm, 1 x 9mm & small follicles
Womb Lining - 8.3mm

So my doctor mentioned that I didn't missed my Ovulation and she decide to have it delayed till my eggs are growing good.. And she gave me additional injections to be done for the next day few days. Sighs.... Still my ovulation is still not at it's peak yet.. (somehow it's a good thing)

I was given Ganirelix 0.25mg 0.5ml x 1 shot for 4 days.. Addition to continue with my 100U Puregon Injections.
One thick needle x 4 shots - Administered via subcutaneous [Belly Area]
And yes, after I received the medication from the pharmacy, I brought the medication to the clinic and the nurse had it administered to my belly.... Oh gosh.... It felt unpleasant... I tried to keep a straight face when it was administer to me...  Ya Allah.... I really hope that this cycle isn't a waste after what I've gone through.
I was feeling doubtful on my eggs now.. I mean, I don't know if maybe the reason we are unable to conceive all these while is because that my egg was not mature enough when it ovulated.. So I decide to continue with what was plan by the Dr and just hope that tomorrow scan will be better. My belly are like the work of an artist.. Bruises and different tones..
My belly bruises (pixel out other areas)
100U Puregon Injections
30th April 2019 - So today again, I was called in for a scan in the morning and I don't want to feel excited or anything.. So gotten my queue number to get my 2nd shot of Ganirelix 0.25mg with the nurses.. Again, I need to keep my straight face when getting it.. Sigh...It hurts.... It really hurts.. So sat down and wait for my queue to get my scan... Around 30 minutes later, it was my turn.. So I lay down and the staffs are very friendly and warmth towards me.. I felt better seeing them.. And here is the results...

CD18 Scans
Rt Ovary - 1 x 14.5mm, 1 x 12mm, 1 x 9.0mm, 1 x 7mm & small follicles
Lt Ovary - 1 x 13.5mm1 x 10.5mm & small follicles
Womb Lining - 8.6mm

Subhanallah!!! In just 1 day!! My egg grew 2mm in size!!!! I'm just sooo happy to hear that!!
So went in to see the doctor, she mentioned that my eggs are about ready to be released in a few days! So they are planning to have the procedure done this coming weekend! I will need to bring Mountain Bear for this!!! 
But I will be having another scan tomorrow, 2nd May 2019 (Thursday) in the morning! I will definitely update this!!!!
My Injection schedule list
Till then ladies!!! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

POST DELIVERY COMPLICATION - 13TH JUNE 2021 (SUNDAY) & 14TH JUNE 2021 (MONDAY)

  Finally I am back in the ward after a 5 minutes from the delivery suites. I was told that I need to pee in the next 3 hours before I can b...